HSE Management System
Summit Exploration and production Limited Health, Safety, and Environmental Management System
The Summit Exploration and production Limited (SEPL) Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) objectives are set out in the SEPL HSE Policy. The tool by which these objectives are achieved and SEPL HSE performance in managed is the SEPL HSE Management System (HSE MS).
The SEPL HSE MS provides the framework for managing HSE issues within the business and is intended for application to all of SEPL’s activities as directed under the OSPAR recommendation 2003/5 to promote the use and implementation of Environmental Management Systems by the Offshore Industry. SEPL’s business is concentrated on offshore oil and gas exploration activities and includes seismic and drilling operations. SEPL resources such projects largely through the engagement of contractors with the focuses of the HSE MS being on:
- Clear assignment of HSE responsibilities;
- Excellence in HSE performance;
- Sound risk management and decision making;
- Efficient and cost effective planning and operations;
- HSE legal compliance throughout all operations;
- A systematic approach to HSE critical business activities; and
- Continual HSE improvement.